FEB, 21, 2014, 9AM TO 5 PM, ROOM 150AB, WASHINGTON CONVENTION CENTER, 801 MOUNT VERNON PLACE
To register today, visit http://www.
For draft program, click here.
Don’t miss this opportunity to network with diplomatic representatives from the African Union and 15 COUNTRIES in Africa, including Angola, Burundi, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi Niger, Republic of Congo, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe and with sellers/suppliers who’ll offer insights on how to sell Africa.
It’s a perfect opportunity to gather the most up-to-date information on Africa, its diverse travel products and what’s trending in travel! The program includes:
- Sessions on the new and unique selling opportunities for each region – North, South, East and Central/West.
- Keynote addresses from the Deputy Assistant Secretary at the U.S. State Department’s Bureau for African Affairs and the Northeast Sales Manager of Destination Marketing at Trip Advisor.
- An update on who is traveling to Africa, what they are doing, and where they are going.
- Spotlights on on-line travel, food tourism, poaching, education and training, and storytelling and sustainable travel through film.
WHO’S ON THE PROGRAM? (As of February 14, 2014)
- African Union Mission to the USA – Opening plenary
- Afropop Worldwide – Partner spotlight
- APG Air Promotion Group USA Inc. – Sponsor spotlight and Northern Africa session
- Arik Air International USA – Western/Central Africa session
- Botswana Tourism Office – Southern Africa session
- Bureau for African Affairs, U.S. Department of State – Keynote, opening plenary
- Casablanca Travel and Tours, Inc. – Northern Africa session
- Delta Air Lines – U.S.-Africa Travel Update
- Egyptian Tourist Authority – Northern Africa session
- Ethiopian Airlines – Eastern Africa session
- Expedia – Sponsor spotlight
- GLP Films – Spotlight
- Group IST – Southern Africa session
- Human-Wildlife Conflict Collaboration – Spotlight
- Infinite Safari Adventures – Eastern Africa session
- Office of Travel & Tourism Industries, International Trade Administration, US Department of Commerce – U.S.-Africa Travel Update
- Palace Travel, Inc. – Western/Central Africa session
- Partner Concepts, LLC – Western/Central Africa session
- South African Airways – Southern Africa session and Sponsor spotlight
- Tanzania Tourist Board – Eastern Africa session
- The Africa America Institute – Spotlight
- The Bradford Group – Eastern Africa session
- Trip Advisor – Keynote
- Warren Green and Associates – Eastern and Southern Africa sessions
- Washington, D.C. Travel & Adventure Show – Opening plenary
- World Food Travel Association – Partner spotlight
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
· United Sounds of Africa, a music project that brings the best African music, vocalists, artists and composers together on a series of music platforms, will share music of Africa throughout the seminar.
· Presenting Sponsor, South African Airways (SAA), and the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority (MWAA), who will co-host lunch at the event.
· Pre-registered participants will receive a one-day complimentary pass to the Washington DC Travel and Adventure Show, February 22-23 at the Washington Convention Center.
· After the event, seminar participants are invited to join the Adventure Travel Trade Association at AdventureConnect: Washington, D.C., a casual tourism industry networking event, to be held on Friday from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel (999 Ninth Street NW), in the Indulge Room (right across the street from the Washington Convention Center). Registration is free, but attendees must register. (Click here)
ATA Mid-Atlantic Chapter
FOR MORE INFORMATION